This year has been filled with AEUP activities with our AEUP members, as well as in discussions on Twitter @AEUP_info and on the AEUP Website.
- February, 13–14 2018: Many of our member presses, as well as AEUP Board members took part in the University Press Redux Conference 2018, at the British Library, hosted by the AEUP member UCL Press.
- March 2018: AEUP Statements on European University Presses, stating that European university presses play an important role in scholarly communication, addressed at the first AEUP Conference, “Going digital in Europe – joining forces in scholarly publishing” in Stockholm May 16-17 2017.
- June, 5–6 2018: AEUP held the workshop “Keeping up with the standards” in Riga, Latvia, hosted by RTU Press. About 30 participants from a dozen countries joined.
- A survey on standards in quality control and reviewing, production, dissemination and distribution.
- October, 11 2018: AEUP Annual Meeting, at the Frankfurt Book Fair.
- September, 17–19 2018: COASP, 10th Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing, where many member presses participated as well as a participant of the AEUP Board.
- December, 11–13, 2018: The XML-workshop in Göttingen State and University Library, December organised by AEUP, Métopes and HIRMEOS “From text to structured edition – producing XML-TEI content” with Métopes.
2nd AEUP conference in Brno, 12–14 June, 2019
Save the dates June, 12–14 2019, for the 2nd AEUP 2019 conference in Brno, hosted by Masaryk University Press. More information about the conference will appear on the website in January.
The AEUP Board is looking forward to 2019, a new year filled with AEUP activities and events. We want all of you to take part in discussions, activities and tell us what you think is important for us to work with.
All of us in the AEUP Board would like to thank all members for everything we have accomplished together in 2018.
On behalf of the AEUP Board,